dinsdag 17 mei 2011

92-Jarige Palestijnse vrouw herinnert zich Hebron voor de Nakba

 

Op Hamas TV werd op 13 mei een interview met een 92 jarige Palestijnse vrouw uit Hebron uitgezonden. Hamas ziet deze vrouw als een voorbeeld van standvastigheid en moed tegenover de wrede bezetter:

Following are excerpts from an interview with Sara Jaber, a 92-year-old Palestinian who participated in a Right of Return demonstration on the Jordanian-Israeli border. The interview was aired on Hamas' Al-Aqsa TV on May 13, 2011.

To view this clip on MEMRI TV, visit http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/2929.htm.

Interviewer: "Please tell us who you are."

Sara Jaber: "I am from Hebron. The Jaber family."

Interviewer: "What is your name?"

Sara Jaber: "Sara Muhammad 'Awwadh Jaber."

Interviewer: "How old are you?"

Sara Jaber: "I am 92."

Interviewer: "So you remember May 15, 1948, the day of the Nakba."

Sara Jaber: "Why wouldn't I remember? May Allah support us. I hope we forget those days. Allah willing, you will bury [Israel], and massacre the Jews with your own hands. Allah willing, you will massacre them like we massacred them in Hebron."

Interviewer: "What does this day mean to you? You have lived 63 years since the Nakba. You have experienced the entire Nakba..."

Sara Jaber: "92 years. That's 92. I lived through the British era, and I lived through the massacre of the Jews in Hebron. We, the people of Hebron, massacred the Jews. My father massacred them, and brought back some stuff..."

Interviewer: "Thank you very much."

Dit is waar Sara Jaber naar verwijst en zo trots op is: http://www.zionism-israel.com/Hebron_Massacre1929.htm

The riots began in earnest, however, on the morning of Saturday, August 24. Arabs killed 64 to 67 Jews in Hebron and wounded many others. Babies were beheaded. Old rabbis were castrated. There were incidents of rape, torture and mutilation. Hands and fingers were torn off bodies, apparently for jewelry.

Cafferata and the Jewish policeman shot at the rioters and killed 8 of them. The Arab policemen fired in the air. Cafferata called for reinforcements, but these arrived only about noon, five hours later. The British had a total of 292 police in Palestine and were busy dealing with disturbances elsewhere presumably. Cafferata, not a friend of the Jews, testified:

"On hearing screams in a room I went up a sort of tunnel passage and saw an Arab in the act of cutting off a child's head with a sword. He had already hit him and was having another cut, but on seeing me he tried to aim the stroke at me, but missed; he was practically on the muzzle of my rifle. I shot him low in the groin. Behind him was a Jewish woman smothered in blood with a man I recognized as a[n Arab] police constable named Issa Sherif from Jaffa in mufti. He was standing over the woman with a dagger in his hand. He saw me and bolted into a room close by and tried to shut me out-shouting in Arabic, "Your Honor, I am a policeman." ... I got into the room and shot him."

(Bernard Wasserstein, The British in Palestine: The Mandatory Government and the Arab-Jewish Conflict 1917-1929, Oxford England, Basil Blackwell, 1991)

About 435 Jews survived by hiding with their Arab neighbors. They were hidden by 28 families who risked their lives to save the Jews.

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten