De Nederlandse steun voor Israel-vijandige NGO’s is al flink afgenomen, maar nog steeds krijgen organisaties die een boycot van Israel bepleiten, tegen vredesonderhandelingen zijn en Israel uberhaupt niet erkennen, geld van de Nederlandse overheid via het NGO Development Center (NDC), waaraan verschillende Europese landen geld geven dat door dit Center verder wordt verdeeld. Ik hoop dan ook dat de regering de eisen om aan dit in Ramallah gevestigde Center te blijven doneren zal aanscherpen.
NGO Monitor - July 2011
The governments of Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Switzerland earmarked $8 million in joint funds to Palestinian and Israeli NGOs in 2010-2012. The funding is being administered by the NGO Development Center (NDC) located in Ramallah.
NGO Monitor research demonstrates that many of the grantees are leaders in anti-Israel campaigns such as BDS (boycotts, divestment, and sanctions) and legal cases against Israeli officials and businesses. They also actively oppose the compromises necessary for a peace agreement.
NDC funds eight NGOs - including Al Haq, Defence for Children International - Palestine Section, and ICAHD - that engage in BDS campaigns aimed at isolating Israel internationally. These groups promote policies that directly undermine the foreign policy of the donor countries.
- In May 2011, the Swiss media and the Jerusalem Post reported that the four governments froze funding for BADIL, an NGO that rejects the Roadmap for Peace and has published antisemitic cartoons on its website.
- NDC's Code of Conduct encourages its NGO grantees to reject "any normalization activities with the occupier, neither at the political-security nor the cultural or developmental levels" (emphasis added).
- NDC funding continues for Al Haq, despite its central role in BDS and lawfare, as well as alleged ties between the NGO's general director Shawan Jabarin and the PFLP terror organization.
- The decision making processes and the specific roles played by the government funders and the NDC management are unclear.
- NGO Monitor has not received responses from the governments of Denmark, Sweden, or Switzerland, on the findings of this report. The Netherlands Representative Office responded that a forthcoming statement is being prepared by the Dutch government.
- NGO Monitor's earlier report, "Promoting Israel's Isolation: Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands Funding for NDC and NGOs," presents details of NDC-funded NGOs from 2008-9.